Sunday, May 23, 2021

Introduction

Hello fellow Art 200 students, I am Jada Carroll. I am a junior who is very close to completing all of the nursing program prerequisites. I work full time for Access Alaska providing in-home support and caregiving to families in the community, and when I'm not working or doing course work I've been busy planning my wedding in August. 


Photo courtesy of Steve Hanks

While I don't make art myself as much as I used to, I still enjoy the various types of art out there. When the opportunity arises to go to museums or art galleries, I take it. The picture I chose to showcase is by the late Steve Hanks, who has some incredible paintings that someday I hope to get prints of. I also have some art from local artists in town and around the state. When I am less busy, I hope to start creating art again. 

2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing painting by Steve Hanks. Such amazing detail in a watercolor. A friend of mine is a watercolorist, and it is a very hard media to work with.

    ReplyDelete

Non-Western Art

 Nihonga Movement The Nihonga movement started in 1882 as a direct result of the forced opening of Japan in 1853 during the Meiji Period. Wh...